Missouri Action for Healthy Kids
Welcome to the Missouri Team
Missouri Action for Healthy Kids is a state team of Action for Healthy Kids, the nation’s leading nonprofit and largest volunteer network fighting childhood obesity and undernourishment by helping schools become healthier places so that kids learn to eat right and be active every day. Our mission is to enhance the nutrition and physical activity opportunities in Missouri schools in order to promote student health and learning.
There are many opportunities to get involved with Action for Healthy Kids in Missouri--from becoming a team member, to attending Action for Healthy Kids’ events, to making a financial contribution--you can help create a safer environment for our kids!
If you feel compelled to lend your voice to one of most important issues of our time, and would like to take that first step towards creating a healthier environment for our kids, join the Action for Healthy Kids community by taking the Every Kid Healthy Pledge on the left-hand side of the page.
Our Favorite Resources
- Missouri Coordinated School Health Coalition Find resources like the School Health Advisory Council Guide, Missouri’s Eating Smart and Moving More materials in English and Spanish, and other tools to help your school!
- Breakfast = Achievement A hungry stomach can lead to an empty mind—breakfast helps students be their best through improved classroom performance, higher test scores and better behavior. Check out these alternative breakfast programs that work!
- Missouri Eat Smart Guidelines Missouri’s nutrition guidelines and recommendations for foods available on school campuses.
- Missouri Families Eating Smart and Moving More (ENGLISH) There are many benefits for our children of eating smart and being active. Find out how you can help your family eat smart and move more!
- Recess Before Lunch After a morning of classes, kids are ready to play! Learn the benefits of recess before lunch for Missouri's students!
- Snacks for Happy Healthy Kids Great ideas for healthy snacks for classrooms, sports teams, and after-school. Remember, healthy eating and activity can improve attendance, energy levels, participation, school behavior, test scores, and academic success!