Oregon Action for Healthy Kids
Welcome to the Oregon Team
Action for Healthy Kids is the nation’s leading nonprofit and largest volunteer network fighting childhood obesity and undernourishment by partnering with schools to improve nutrition and physical activity to help our kids learn to eat right, be active every day, and be ready to learn.
The Oregon Action for Healthy Kids Team is looking to engage new members that can help the Team continue to do great work in Oregon. The OR Team has worked in Coos Bay, Gervais, and St. Paul School District around local school wellness policy implementation.
April 2013 News: Please see document under files on the right!
Our goals are to:
- Recruit active volunteers across the state to help create healthy schools for our children.
- Provide resources to schools to support the implementation of wellness policies.
Resources from Oregon Action for Healthy Kids
- Oregon Action for Healthy Kids Website – Created by and for Oregon members!
- Healthy Snack Ideas – A list of tips for creating healthy snacks created by the OR Team.
- School Wellness Newsletters - The Wellness in Schools Newsletter is a brief, colorful newsletter brought to you by the Wellness in School Environments (WISE) group and is published twice a year - Spring and Fall. The Wellness in Schools Newsletters provide current information about nutrition and physical activity opportunities around the state and focus on helping schools, parents and community members implement their School Wellness Policies. The newsletter can be printed and copied, or shared electronically. Please take a look and forward on to principals, teachers or anyone else who might be interested.